Tuesday 10 December 2013

Delivery Day!

Good Morning and Welcome!

Just letting you know that we are no longer accepting Knitted or Crocheted Squares, however we are accepting 'made up' Crocheted or Knitted Blankets for the Elderly. This is due to the high volume of Squares arriving at my home and also it's due to the cost of postage. When a batch of Squares arrive in my Home I group them together in to colours and then they are sent out to Ladies in our Group who assemble them together. One set of 25 Squares  would cost me £2.60 to send out to one of our Ladies and then it would cost the 'assembler' the same back to me. So the average cost of making a Blanket up is over £5.00. For the Group to continue I have to find ways to cut down, so from 1st January I have decided that I am only accepting Blankets which I will then of course distribute to the Homes. I really love running our Group and I love visiting the Homes but at present it is costing far too much.

Over the past year I have received such a lot of donated Blankets for the Elderly which I am very grateful for and I am sure we can do just the same next year but with out the Squares coming in to my Home. We are still going to have 'SIBOLETTES' host a Blanket as our Challenges and more details about this will be announced next year. So there will be opportunities to make a particular Square.

I am always very grateful to everyone that supports 'SIBOL' and I hope you will understand my situation.
Thank you.


Today is Delivery Day! 

Over the past few days I have been getting our 'Sunshine Blankets' ready for the last delivery of the year.

001



This morning I visited Julie at St. Michaels Home for the Elderly in Olton.
It is always such a pleasure to pop in to this particular Home and say hello. There is always such a lovely friendly feeling when walking in and meeting the Staff. St. Michaels are one of our regular Homes and I know that our 'Sunshine Blankets' are always so welcomed.

Today I delivered 16 and I have promised them a few more. Last year the Blankets were wrapped up and saved until Christmas Day and it really made their Christmas.

16 Blankets delivered to St. Michaels today. Thank you!


Here's Julie with 'Santa! :)

Thank you so much for accepting our Blankets Julie and it was lovely to see you again.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported our 'SIBOL' project throughout the year I'm sure 2014 will be just as successful for us.

x Sue x

6 comments:

  1. I think we all understand you had to put a stop on the cascade of squares. It will be a lot more manageable just receiving completed blankets. Other larger organisations accept squares and have the staff to use them. Maybe you could put some links up for people who want to donate squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Would it not be possible to find volunteer assemblers in your area? So cutting the costs of sending out and back.? They could pick up the squares or you drop them off etc. best wishes from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Una, Thank you. That's a good idea! I do know of someone who collects. I will ask her. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheryl S.
    I tried to find your mail address. Thank you for taking an interest. I have actually thought about putting a notice up on one of the advert web sites. I'm sure there are Ladies who would love to assemble locally.
    Good idea thank you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mail address is on my profile page. I started a blog and at the beginning you are mentioned due to my making a tree skirt like the one you made years ago. (mine´s not so pretty as yours though) best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!