Wednesday 17 April 2013

Think Pink Blankets

Good evening and welcome to 'Mrs Twins',

As you know our 'SIBOL' Group has so far made 7 beautiful 'Think Pink' Blankets. The Squares in these Blankets come from 'SIBOLETTES' here in the UK and abroad. We have already been successful in raising £300.00 from the Sale of two of these Blankets which has been sent off to Breast Cancer Care here in the UK.

I thought it would be nice to try other ways apart from EBAY to raise funds and Joanna over on RAVELRY very kindly gave me details of 'Pink on The Tyne' to contact. Please follow the Link.

I have today contacted Tina and have asked whether she would like two of our Blankets for Fund Raising. I'm very happy to be telling you that she loved the photos of the Blankets I sent to her and can definitely find a good use for them. They do have an event on Friday so I have parcelled them up very quickly and managed to get them in the post to her. I have sent them 'Special Delivery' so they should be with her tomorrow.

Our Blankets are beautiful as you know, they are so unique because each one is so different and it's absolutely amazing that we can achieve the making of these Blankets when a lot of the Ladies live hundreds of miles away from each other. So I have sent Think Pinks 3 and 4. As you know 3 was assembled by Fiona in the Netherlands and 4 by Tinka in Belgium.


Think Pink 3.

'Think Pink' (3) Assembled by Fiona.



Think Pink 4.

Think Pink (4) Assembled by ATheeC.


I'm delighted that we can help them. I have been promised some photos and Tina has also said she will let us know how much they raise.

Just to let you know what Tina said.....


"I’m in awe that such things can be created. We’ll definitely sort some photos out for you. 
We do various things such as dances, afternoon teas, coffee mornings, pink curry nights, Zumbathons, shopping centre collections and a large presence at Great North Run and this year for the first time Great North Swim. We are on Facebook and you can follow us on Twitter @PinkontheTyne.
Thank you very much Sue, very much appreciated.~"

I do have other 'Think Pink'  Blankets here to be purchased if anyone is interested. Please email me sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  All proceeds to be sent to Breast Cancer Care here in the UK.

Thank you all

x Sue x


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blankets. Just perfect for the charity fundraising concerned. Massive Congratulations to all involved in raising £300.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!